Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Geeking out to N.E.R.D.


Photo credit

The 3rd N.E.R.D. album Seeing Sounds is out today and I am currently on Full Album Bump#1. Me and Oksoundsgood have already heard a fair percentage of this album (a fair amount already live on my "summer jams 08" Itunes playlist) but we are still undoubtedly going to be scrutinizing it all day long. So far I can say that these dudes seem to be back with a fierce hard rocking vengeance (I think Questlove said they were "back like they had something to proove") and I could not be more thrilled. I've been riding with them since their first ever album In Search Of....and I almost upstaged Pharrell at Summerjam 2002 when I started belting out the lyrics to Provider before he could even open his mouth. (He actually asked me if I'd rather sing it.)

So, as a superfan, I am already HIGHLY recommending it , but I'm sure I will back soon with more concrete evidence of how this is a must-cop Summer Jam album of the year... just to convince all you pennypinching naysayers.

Zemanta Pixie

0 comments: