Friday, September 26, 2008

Gilles Peterson(GP) rundown -09/24/08



I'm back in town and way jetlagged but I am feenin for new music, so I was lucky to get back in front of my computer on a fresh new GP day.

Here are my faves from this week's show

Lars Bartkuhn
– ‘Goodbye Dancing Hello God’ (Sonar Kollektiv)

Jazzanova Feat. Jose James – ‘Little Bird’ (Verve)
A long sprawling mellow jazz track featuring my singer of the year.

Azymuth – ‘Butterfly’ (Far Out Recordings)
Funky funky stuff from Brazilian legends. The trio features Ivan Conti who collab'd with Madlib for the Jackson Conti project (check this!) earlier this year.

Kenny Garret Feat. Pharoah Saunders – ‘Sketches Of MD’ (Mack Avenue)
Accomplished sax player Kenny Garret drags out the legend Saunders for this popping little track.

Crown Heights Affair
– ‘Dreaming A Dream’ (De Lite Records)
Good disco funk boogie that made me want to bust out some roller skates, flip out my hair, and get to the rink. I gotta get with this band.

Many new posts coming extra soon!

0 comments: