Thursday, October 30, 2008

Black Milk


picture credit

OKSG hipped me on Black Milk last week and I begged him to post about the dude...but he lagged and lagged so I, the great big sister that I am, have taken on the responsibility.

There are the Black Kids, Black Crowes, Black Lips, and countless other white groups with black in the title but no one black to be found. Black Milk ain't that; he is a solid brother and a quality producer from one of the most unappreciated cities in hip hop (Detroit) who he has worked with the likes of Frank-n-Dank and the great J. Dilla. Black Milk's new album Tronic is a nice look (definite Wale vectors, in my humble opinion) and should definitely be picked up. Take on that responsibility, would ya?

Here's one of my favorite tracks from the album: Losing Out (feat Royce Da 5'9)

0 comments: