Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gilles Peterson(GP) rundown -10/16/08



Sorry I didnt get around to doing this last week, but honestly you should all be listening and getting your own faves by now. Right, right??

This week was the usual mixed bag of goodness from Mr. GP.
These were my standouts. Click the artist's name for more info.

Robert Mitchell 3io – 'Teardrop' (33 Jazz)
Great send-up of this classic Massive Attack track

Theo Parrish – 'Love Triumphant' (Sound Signature)
Pioneering Detroit soundsmith

Nitin Sawhney – 'Shadowlands' (Positiv Id)
I knew the name but didn't hear any of his tracks before today. He's usually more for that granola and arugula set from what I can gauge, but this one is a solidly beautiful track for us all.

Yo Majesty – 'Buy Love' (Domino)
Gorgeous track from this much-hyped group of ladies from Florida. This is my first listen and I am sure I'll be checking out more.

Nicola Conte
– 'The Nubian Queens' (Schema)- featuring (who else?) Jose James
Italian jazz king killing it in Japan and Europe and at my house. Lively jazz track. Second one I've heard featuring the Jose. Nice.

0 comments: