Monday, October 6, 2008

Mayer Hawthorne & The County



I have no idea where I heard this song first, mighta been Gilles, all I know is when I heard it the other day on Mark Ronson's Authentic Shit podcast, I already knew the deal but had no idea who the artist was. Turns out it is Stone Throw's very own Mayer Hawthorne (aka Haircut) & The County, doing something on an old school tip...and doin it very well (though slightly tongue in cheek).

I can't find much on the dude or the band online (besides the obligatory myspace, linked above)so I'm tossing the track up so you can just judge it for yourself.

Mayer Hawthorne & The County - It Just Ain't Gonna Work Out

3 comments:

Stephanie Estes said...

Thank you for the post about Mayor Hawthorne! I would be happy to send more info your way..

http://www.asideworldwide.com/

Get at me:
steph[@)asideworldwide.com

oksoundsgood said...

yeah this is the new stones throw signee, haircut, i think he is from detroit and is wit this crew mic atheletics league or something like that- they nice fa sure, check the guy in their crew named 14KT- nice ones!

Max Batt said...

I really like this song.