Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Share Ware



At the end of last week's Fader Let Out podcast they played Leon Ware's "Why I Came To California" which had me bouncing out of my seat and up on my feet. I promptly downloaded that track and then I hear GP bumping not one but two new Leon tracks and I had to find out who this brother was....Leon Ware is a LEGEND. He co-wrote the I Want You album with Marvin Gaye, he wrote Michael Jackson's "I Wanna Be Where You Are", he collab'd with Maxwell on "Sumpn Sumpn" -- so basically many many babies have been born because of the way this brother crafted tracks that got bedsprings working overtime. He has also worked with many other greats like Minnie Ripperton, Diana Ross, Jamiroquai, Quincy Jones, Spacek, The Isley Brothers, and Omar. Best of all, he is still at it!

His latest album Moon Ride just dropped in August on Stax Records, and is another trusty slow-jam disc.

Here is some vintage Ware, get into this brother!



and bonus

Leon Ware in conversation with John Legend

0 comments: