Wednesday, June 10, 2009

True nuff : Mos Def back to form


photo credit

The other day I got a brief email from OKSG telling me that Mos was "back to form", there was a link attached but I didn't get a chance to click it. Skip to a few days later and I am on my second listen-through of Mos Def's new album The Ecstatic and I must concur that Mos is not half-steppin'. His flows are tight and the guests (Slick Rick, Georgianna Muldrow, Talib Kweli) and producers (Madlib, Chad Hugo, Preservation, J DILLA!!!) are top notch.

This album is heat and as much as OKSG hates me turning this blog into "hype of the moment" type blathery, I gotta big up it as already a 2009 classic -- fuck already a HIP HOP classic. It will be on steady BUMP this summer (and many other seasons to come) without doubt.


Stream it! Then cop it!

0 comments: