Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Well, Janelle...

So I heard Tightrope by Janelle Monae a few weeks ago and had to say I wasn't that impressed. OKSG sent me the video this morning and it definitely perked me up. But I still have to repeat what I said to OKSG....

"Look, I know Janelle can do this shit to death but she needs to show me she can do other stuff too. It's like the NCAA, "yeah we know you can ball, but you need to get your overall grade point average up or else your scholarship is revoked."

1 comments:

oksoundsgood said...

thinking about it a bit ...she actually does has range doing other stuff too, she has a good voice and her shows are varied, ive been to two and they were quite well rounded

but without a doubt this style is more energetic and easier to market,,and def appreciated. this album is her debut fiull length innit, so im sure ill prolly display her range better than the ep